AurelEdit v0.7

Started by Zlatko Vid, May 31, 2023, 01:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles Pegge

Thanks Theo, Good find!

We don't use any legacy coding in the compiler.

Compatibility-mode to run 32bit binaries still remains available in the proposed X86-S

Theo Gottwald

@Charles, this means that it would be best to have the compiler itself solely in 64 bit, no matter if the result should be 32 bit or 64 bit.

Charles Pegge

I will need to do some code yoga. The bugs can be very subtle in a self-compiling system, as it is super-recursive, taking many hours to trace.

Theo Gottwald

@Charles, the Trick is to use Building Blocks that are reliable and well tested,
even if its a bit slower at the end.

Charles Pegge

reliable and well tested may apply in one domain, but the hidden weaknesses are only exposed when the code is transposed to another domain.

Frank Brübach

Good morning I am looking for a similar example to "dialogfindsearch.o2bas" however with scintilla Basis. I tried to make IT with a toolbar Button Tool but IT doesnt Run any Help is Welcome... And or Code snippet...

A) peroxide.o2bas I Like very much since I have tested yesterday but its still new for me and

B) aurels Editor v0.7 seeems to be very nice too but its Not running Here with latest oxygen built 3 month ago... I cannot Compile aurels Editor with oxygen ... Thx Bye Frank

PS @zlatko perhaps you can fix some Problems with your include File awinh37 to make IT Run
  •  

Zlatko Vid

hi Frank
I don't know how you cannot run when i can
i tested it last time with OxygenBasic0604
and work for me :

in attachment is all:
  •  

Zlatko Vid

or you can download binary:
  •  

Frank Brübach

Hi Zlatko... Doesnt Work at all. I am using aedit07.o2bas, awinh37.inc, oxygen dll of 04.10.2023, Oxide of 27.06.23.
After I am trying to Compile there are First these Problems Here:
1) Procedure #lookahead
2) creatascitable Line 255 Not found
3) addtbutton Line 314 Not found
4) createfirsttab Line 431 Not found
5) oxykeyeords 458 Line Not found
... Much more

I guess its concerning your include File causing These Errors

Bye Frank
  •  

Zlatko Vid

Frank
seems to me that you don't read whole topic
like you in hurry for something ..i don't know

so please read first page of thread
and you will find both Charles fixed version
and also my fixed version
both compile with 604 version
i don't know what else to say ???
  •  

Frank Brübach

Hi zlatko... I have used the newest oxygen.dll of 04.10.2023 to Test your Editor. By this way I have got all These Errors Messages...

But... If I am using an oxygen.dll of 30.12.2022 your Editor works fine Here. Strange..  its Sometimes frustrating what Changes one dll creation to  a newer one  causes for Trouble..

@,hi charles I Hope you can have a closer Look in your latest oxygen.dll building nice day Bye Frank
  •  

Charles Pegge

I wonder if they are  #lookahead problems?

Frank Brübach

Error: iterator must be defined
Word: procedures
Col 1
Line 10
File: Main source

#lookahead ' for procedures ist placed at Line 10
  •  

Charles Pegge

Got it! I've fixed the #lookahead. I never use it myself - I prefer explicit declarations

You only need the compilers (oxygen.in zip) to go into the main folder

https://github.com/Charles-Pegge/OxygenBasic/blob/master/Oxygen.zip

Zlatko Vid

what is iterator ?
# <- this one ?
  •