Latest oxygen package

Started by Frank Brübach, October 04, 2023, 04:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Brübach

Hi all I have downloaded latest oxygen package of 3 month ago.
There are some Problems with OpenGL folder Grafide grafide1.o2bas (works) and grafide2.o2bas (doesnt Work) and objectviewer.o2bas File and Procedure "skiplspace" causes some Errors even in all Inc Files Same folder.. and lambo.stl (3d model) missing too.. would be Glad to fix IT thanks a Lot Bye Frank
  •  

Charles Pegge

Hi Frank,

I've fixed the problem. It was in the compiler, caused by macro definitions inside class definitions within objinterp.inc.

https://github.com/Charles-Pegge/OxygenBasic/blob/master/OxygenBasic07P6.zip

Frank Brübach

Oh so fast many thanks! :)

PS I have No sheep Farm for my boarder Collies only our Family lol
  •  

Frank Brübach

Hi charles, I have noticed that you have changed Last Time oxygen package building by Freebasic to self compiling.. whats the benefit of all? 
I was absent for some years. I have used for a Long Time Powerbasic and liked IT very. But oxygen I love now since I have done a closer deeper Look in programming structure. Respect because I have No Idea of Assembler Code.

My Intention was to create a 3d modeller but was Always unsatisfied of Other compilers they we're Handling too complicated or failed Support...

I am only asking what disadvantage you can observe of a self compiling oxygen Basic language... Thx

Bye Frank

Charles Pegge

Self-compiling has many advantages, for instance having subroutines, and large strings. o2 has no dependencies apart from the Windows API. So o2 and all its tools are written in one language.

The main disadvantage is not being able to move to another non-MS platform. I see that most compilers/interpreters ride on the back of GCC. They are written in C or C++ and take advantage of GCC linkage to a host of different platforms and processors.

Frank Brübach

Thanks Charles for Infos. The gnu Compiler collection is an interesting stuff indeed. I have visited joined an IT Course some years ago with c++ and Java python language beside economic Lessons and knowledge. Most of These languages are pre defined unflexible not Open and thats a Point I dont Like and too big..

My knowledge about Linux Unix etcpp are however Zero.

So its Not possible to Convert oxygen for example to Linux because of necessary
and depending Windows API?

Best regards
  •  

Charles Pegge

Time is the problem. In anticipation, I have a Raspberry Pi 4, which uses ARM processors and runs Linux. But for graphical apps, I think MS/PCs will always have the lead.

Theo Gottwald

A self compiling package has the advantage of automated Testing.
As a Compiler is a complex tool itself, by compiling itself you already tested large parts of it.
Testing and debugging is often the largest part of programming.
How do you see that Charles?

Charles Pegge

Yes, Self compiling is very sensitive to deeply hidden errors. It's a good test of integrity, though it won't include all the language features. For instance it does not use floating-point maths or OOP.

Pierre Bellisle

For the 07P7 version,  thank you Charles !
  •  

Nicola

Hi Charles.
I renew my greetings to you and all the readers of the forum.
It's been a while since I was able to do anything because of so many family commitments.
Anyway thank you so much for everything you do... It's really excellent. Just as I really appreciate the various interventions of the dear friends of forum who actively intervene.
I downloaded version 7P7, but I was surprised that window defender finds a virus....
Cheers

Charles Pegge

Thanks Pierre and Nicola.

Sometimes, I also get problems from Windows security with a new build. I have to get it to override the quarantine and restore oxygen dll. But it does not happen very often.

Theo Gottwald

You can download the Setup-Version, which contains files that are digitally signed.
These files will not make you problems, even in an company environment.

Nicola

Ok Charles,
I took the liberty of sending the files they considered infected to the Window Defender team...: The answer is that THEY ARE NOT MALWARE!
I enclose their response.

It looks like they'll also remove control over the files in question.

Cheers

Charles Pegge

Thanks Theo and Nicola. I don't anticipate further changes to the core binary, but Windows Security may change its detection algorithms occasionally, and cause problems.