Hutch left us to a better world

Started by Theo Gottwald, February 19, 2024, 06:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theo Gottwald

Many ASM Snippets from Hutch will make us remember him as one of the smartest ASM Programmers out there. Normally i do not believe that someone should die on cancer in these days.
Yet Hutch did so. He will watch down on us. And may smile about in what strange program we use his Snippets. Anyway he was 74+ a good age to go if you feel its time to go.

Very sad to report the news but I am reliably informed that Hutch passed away last night. He had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. He did return home briefly from hospital but was soon readmitted and spent his last days back there in their care. Steve will be greatly missed in the street by all his friends and neighbours. He really was part of the Surry Hills landscape. I believe his mother had lived in the house before him so even those of us who are approaching 20 years as residents felt like relative newcomers. He would regularly wander up and down our quiet street to give his eyes a rest from programming. Hopefully someone has access to his files so the community he built here can continue but I am not really across that. RIP Steve, Richard
He had a YouTube Channel Channel

PS: It was even last year in June and i did not get any notice on it.

Charles Pegge

He certainly left us with a nice video collection, as well as the Assembly code. I don't think such a creative spirit will be 'resting in peace'.

Theo Gottwald

Quote from: Charles Pegge on February 20, 2024, 11:46:54 PMHe certainly left us with a nice video collection, as well as the Assembly code. I don't think such a creative spirit will be 'resting in peace'.
I think that too.