Recent posts

Discussion / Re: Why this Forum is so dead?...
Last post by Zlatko Vid - Today at 12:02:45 AM
QuoteThat's a good excuse if you don't feel like actively leading by example and you don't care, it seems to me

..a good excuse ...what ?
come on...man... ;D

Now i am wondering where are all this active forums full of members.
Did you recently look into well known and probably the biggest BASIC forum
PureBasic forum.... it is almost dead ..with very tiny activity .
Also i have my own forum ..so i post there from time to time .
CATCHING BABOONS with the HADZA PEOPLE (We finally got them)

Fearless & Far
13 jun 2021

-->
previous

RAIDING A BABOON CAMP with Hadza Hunter-Gatherers in Tanzania

Fearless & Far
8 mar 2021

Meta Forum / Re: Forum Maintenance days
Last post by Theo Gottwald - Yesterday at 10:15:52 PM
Tomorrow we may need to close the Forum for a while, we will see.
OxygenBasic Examples / Re: Spheres + reflection (rayt...
Last post by Theo Gottwald - Yesterday at 10:13:31 PM
🔥 Raytracing was a hot topic during the Amiga era, especially with the release of the Juggler demo.

But today, graphics have evolved beyond just raytracing, see Blender Cycles or Luxrender (with spectral Rendering).
Modern techniques use chaotic systems to create more natural light bounces.

And with the rise of AI, we're moving towards faster picture generation without relying on light tracking algorithms. 🚀 #Raytracing #Graphics #AI #Amiga #JugglerDemo 🎨

Last post by Theo Gottwald - Yesterday at 09:37:23 PM
Hey Frank, you have to understand that we rarely accept applications from new members for the forum because most people don't follow the registration rules.

That means, we hardly have any new people, and as everyone who posts here knows, this forum has been a bit of a museum for a long time.

There are the old Powerbasic people, there's Charles with his basics, we have Jürgen, who is still working on his Powerbasic successor. These are the people we have known for a long time and they are here, but you can't expect a rush of strangers to come here.

Just look below, you can see exactly how many people visit the forum per day. So, you shouldn't get your hopes up and I told you that from the beginning.

You've been here for more than a day, you should know that. By the way, I don't think that's a reason for you to delete anything.

Just leave things here, Google will index all of it, AI will read it too, and over time, someone will come who is interested. But you also have to see one thing, and I've been trying to make this clear to you all the time, and Charles knows it too - traditional hand-coding, like in the old days, will become rare in the future because AI will soon be able to do it better than regular humans.

Programmers will become more like designers, and this will also change the design of programming environments. Programming environments that don't rely on AI will soon be outdated.

We just have to keep up with the times. But as I said, we all see programming as a hobby here. I myself use the forum as a backup for old code or code that I want to keep. And I think you can see that too. 😉👨�💻📝

If you feel that other forums are more active and can reach a larger audience with your content, go ahead and give it a try.

Just remember that the material you are sharing, as I mentioned from the beginning, is mostly from 2012 and may not be the most current. So don't expect a huge response from this.

If you understand this, you can avoid disappointment.

#selfimprovement #mindset #growth #programming #AI #coding #forum #hobby #design #future #backup #oldcode #keepup #handcoding #AIadvancements
Last post by Frank Brübach - Yesterday at 08:44:27 PM
No I dont agree with you Forums are Not quiet or calm places .. I know a Lot of Foren they are living by their Users Activity

There are a tons of topics and a wide variety of themes you can Work with oxygen Basic

That's a good excuse if you don't feel like actively leading by example and you don't care, it seems to me

microA Interpreter / UDF testing in micro(A)
Last post by Zlatko Vid - Yesterday at 08:05:24 PM
and now test with 3 params and one of them is
expression with built-in function sin(90)

' function with arguments
var g : g = 50 : wcolor 0,0,0 : mode 1
fcolor 150,240,150 :print 5,10,"global:": print 100,10,g : swap
' func call with params...
myFn(5,3+g,2*sin(90))

func myFn(var a,var b,var c)
  fcolor 250,200,150
  print 50,30,"local a"
  print 50,50,a
  print 50,80,"local b"
  print 50,100,b
  var f : f = a + b + c
  fcolor 150,200,250 :print 5,150,"result:": print 100,150,f
  swap   
endFn

Last post by Zlatko Vid - Yesterday at 06:48:44 PM
Well Frank

I think that i know /remember you from thinBasic and old Oxygenbasic
forum...i really don't know what you expect ...
sorry but i am not very much interested in openGL programs
and i am busy with my programming of my interpreter ( micro(A) )
and that is my main ocupation.

Also i am not sure what kind of feedback you want .
Forums are very quiet places..
Meta Forum / Forum Maintenance days
Last post by Theo Gottwald - Yesterday at 01:45:06 PM
These days we are working on improving the Forum, this may lead to some outages.

If so, we will be back.
OxygenBasic Examples / Re: Spheres + reflection (rayt...
Last post by Charles Pegge - Yesterday at 01:30:32 PM
Hi Frank,

Ray Tracing is a huge subject. I used POV-Ray quite a lot for procedural Ray-Tracing but the last stable release was in 2013. I'm waiting for ray-tracing hardware to become standard on regular PCs.

refs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_tracing_(graphics)
-->
https://www.povray.org/
https://www.povray.org/download/
https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/
v. 3.7 (2013) core 7meg
-->
RayTracing in Real-Time
What Is Ray Tracing? (And What It Means for PC Gaming)
https://uk.pcmag.com/graphics-cards/133269/what-is-ray-tracing-and-what-it-means-for-pc-gaming
DXR

The nearest we have is:

demos\opengl\geom\SierpinskiScene.o2bas
It includes a skybox and reflection surfaces on the cube and sphere. But no shadows.