PowerBasic - will it recover or is the Air out?

Started by Theo Gottwald, December 06, 2012, 09:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Holbrook

Quote from: Steve Hutchesson on December 30, 2012, 08:39:04 AM
I would not lose too much sleep over the intermittent availability of the PB website.
M$ would care. Any small business should care. From the tone of Mr Bailey's remarks, he cares and communicates which is a pretty good start.

•  

Theo Gottwald

QuoteNow don't you guys wish you had another language to play with as well, MASM for instance.

If you make it a subset of PowerBASIC ... it could get more Fans.
Assembler - no matter which type of Assembler, it will not get a lot of newcomers interested these days.

Look out there --- when people get a new windows versions that consist of pictures you should touch ---.
And in a time where a iPhone is the "Highest" technology.

As I have told you in my post before, I would really like the idea, if you think about a cooperation with PB and also improve the builtin Assembler to MASM Standards.
This way you could beat a lot of flies with one strike.
Nobody (or near to nobody) will start with learning Assembler, unless you start to get an icon picture for each register and each command.
And even then it may fail :-).

Hutch, you are the one who just knows best about ASM optimizations. I believe you could be an important part of a team that could continue to make the best, and fastest Assembler/Compiler available.

Patrice Terrier

Theo--

You are always pushing up for your PB's church, this is called lobbying ;D

Patrice Terrier
GDImage (advanced graphic addon)
http://www.zapsolution.com
  •  

Theo Gottwald