Recent posts

Code to share / Re: Example Intro and HalProm...
Last post by Frank Brübach - Today at 08:59:00 PM
PS Look at this :)

Movie: A space odyssee by Stanley Kubrick (1968)

Licensing

This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published in the United States between 1929 and 1977, inclusive, without a copyright notice. For further explanation, see Commons:Hirtle chart as well as a detailed definition of "publication" for public art. Note that it may still be copyrighted in jurisdictions that do not apply the rule of the shorter term for US works (depending on the date of the author's death), such as Canada (50 p.m.a.), Mainland China (50 p.m.a., not Hong Kong or Macao), Germany (70 p.m.a.), Mexico (100 p.m.a.), Switzerland (70 p.m.a.), and other countries with individual treaties.
Last post by Frank Brübach - Today at 08:24:22 PM
Thanks for Info yes you are right I will Change it.. I am on Holiday for some days, frank
Last post by Theo Gottwald - Today at 07:15:13 PM
Quote from: Frank Brübach on May 13, 2024, 05:51:20 PMHello all :) 👋

Made Last days for me an important Update of HalPromentBasic ...
I have changed some functions and Keywords.. its running all on a 64-bit machine now too

Halpromide Editor Shows at the start a Photo of the Stanley Kubrick film 2001 space odyssee because the hal Name belongs to this movie :)

**Can you Use Pictures from the Stanley Kubrick Film "2001: A Space Odyssey" in My Software? 🤔**

I have a question regarding the use of images and names from the classic Stanley Kubrick film "2001: A Space Odyssey" in my software. Specifically, I want to know if I can use single pictures from the movie and the name "HAL" without running into legal issues.

Here is the answer:
### Copyright on Images 📸

1. **Images from the Film**:
   - The film "2001: A Space Odyssey" is protected by copyright law. This includes any still images taken from the movie. You cannot legally use these images without permission from the copyright holder.
   - If you want to use images from the film, you would need to seek permission or license them from the rights holder, which is often the studio that produced the film (MGM or Warner Bros).

### Trademark on Names 🏷�

2. **Use of the Name "HAL"**:
   - The name "HAL" from the film is likely trademarked. Using it in your software could lead to trademark infringement issues, especially if it is used in a way that could cause confusion with the original character or brand.
   - To use the name "HAL" legally, you would need to check the trademark status and possibly seek permission from the trademark holder.

### Alternatives 💡

- **Public Domain or Licensed Images**: You could look for images that are in the public domain or available under a suitable license (such as Creative Commons) that explicitly allows commercial use.
- **Generic Names**: Instead of "HAL," you could create an original name for your software to avoid any trademark issues.

### Conclusion ✅

You should not use images from "2001: A Space Odyssey" or the name "HAL" in your software without proper licensing or permission. For a safe and legally sound approach, consider using public domain images and original names. If in doubt, consulting with a legal professional specialized in intellectual property law is recommended.

---

Hope this helps! 😊
Hire me (Job-Seeker) / Forum and Database expert
Last post by Ben Fireshade - Today at 01:37:58 PM
Are you looking to build a vibrant, engaging, and smoothly running online community? Look no further! I offer top-notch services in forum creation and maintenance alongside comprehensive database management expertise to ensure your community thrives.

Forum Creation & Maintenance Services
Why Choose My Services?

• Customized Forum Setup: Tailor-made forums to fit your unique community needs. Whether you're starting from scratch or revamping an existing forum, I create user-friendly, visually appealing, and highly functional platforms.
  • Seamless Integration: Effortlessly integrate your forum with existing websites, social media, and other digital tools to provide a seamless user experience.
  • Ongoing Maintenance: Keep your forum running smoothly with regular updates, security checks, and troubleshooting. I handle all the technical details so you can focus on engaging with your community.
  • User Engagement Strategies: Implement features and strategies to boost user participation, including gamification, badges, and interactive content.

Database Management Expertise
Why Trust My Database Skills?

• Efficient Database Design: Design and implement robust databases that meet your specific data storage and retrieval needs, ensuring optimal performance and scalability.
  • Data Migration & Integration: Smoothly migrate your existing data to new platforms without losing integrity or causing downtime. Seamlessly integrate various data sources for comprehensive data management.
  • Performance Optimization:Analyze and optimize your database for faster query processing and reduced load times, enhancing the overall user experience.
  • Data Security & Backup Solutions:Implement top-tier security measures to protect your data from breaches and ensure regular backups to prevent data loss.

Why Work With Me?

• Proven Track Record: Years of experience in forum creation, maintenance, and database management, with a portfolio of successful projects.
  • Client-Focused Approach: Tailored solutions that prioritize your specific needs and goals.
  • Reliable Support: Ongoing support and consultation to address any issues promptly and efficiently.

Let's Get Started!
Ready to elevate your online community and streamline your database operations? Contact me today to discuss your project and how we can achieve your goals together.

Code to share / Recursive function
Last post by Frank Brübach - Yesterday at 08:19:26 AM
Yes Here WE Go

' -- recursive function, halProment

''-- a) Case (n = 0) : factorial(0) = 1
''-- b) Case (n > 0) : factorial(n) = n * factorial(n-1)
''-- b) this case calls the function itself: 'Return n * factorial(n - 1)

Function recursiveFactorial (ByVal n As Integer) As Integer
    If n = 0 Then                             '' end condition
        Return 1
    Else                                      '' recursion loop
        Return n * recursiveFactorial(n - 1)  '' recursive call
    End If
End Function

Printy recursiveFactorial(4) ' 24
p? recursiveFactorial(6) ' 720
Last post by Zlatko Vid - Yesterday at 07:36:08 AM
Does your Hal support recursive functions ?
Code to share / Increasing number to String
Last post by Frank Brübach - May 13, 2024, 09:15:08 PM
Increasing number to a String Auto Convert

' -- when a number is assigned to a string, it autoconverts.
' -- halProment Basic
' --

pro flag=10
flag++
printy flag '11

' number to an increasing string
'1)
pstring s="200mona"
s=val(s)+1 '201
printy s 'result: "201"

'2)
pro k
k++
s=val(s)+k
printy s 'result: "202"

'3)
pstring m=" Mona"
pstring st="3000 " + m
st=val(st)+1
printy st + m 'result: 3001 Mona

'4)
pro km=100
km++
pstring m=" Mona"
pstring st="3000 " + m
st=val(st)+val(km)+1
printy st + m 'result: 3102 Mona
Code to share / N String repeat character fb
Last post by Frank Brübach - May 13, 2024, 09:11:38 PM
N-string example from freebasic Convert

' -- convert from freebasic, april-mai 2024
' -- simple example string / zstring halProment Basic
' -- Generatíng a string of n repeated characters
'
function generateRepeatedChar(character as string, n as Integer) as string
    dim result as pstring = ""
    dim i as integer

for i = 1 to n
        result = result + character
    next

return result
end function

' Example usage
dim repeatedString as pstring
repeatedString = generateRepeatedChar("*#", 5)

printy repeatedString ' Output: *#*#*#*#*#

' Create a zString
dim zString as pstring = ""
printy len(zString) ' Output: 0

'In this case, zString is an empty string,
'meaning it contains no characters.
'The length of zString is zero.

dim zString as pstring = "hey"
printy len(zString) ' Output: 3

Code to share / Array redim ubound example
Last post by Frank Brübach - May 13, 2024, 09:08:47 PM
Next example Array redim ubound lbound (Convert from Powerbasic)

'
' -- array index redim ubound lbound example
' -- halPromentBasic, mai-2024,frank bruebach
'
pindex 1

dim MyArray(10) as integer '1 TO 10
dim i as integer

' Fill the array with some values
for i = LBOUND(MyArray) to UBOUND(MyArray)
    MyArray(i) = i * 10
next i

' Display the values in the array
    printy "MyArray(" + str(i) + ") = " + str(MyArray(i))
next i

' Re-dimension the array to have 15 elements
redim integer MyArray(15) '1 to 15

' Fill the new array elements with some values
for i = UBOUND(MyArray) - 8 to UBOUND(MyArray) '- 4 ' -10
    MyArray(i) = i * 5
next i

' Display the values in the re-dimensioned array
    printy "MyArray(" + str(i) + ") = " + str(MyArray(i))
next i

' ends

Code to share / Info
Last post by Frank Brübach - May 13, 2024, 06:17:25 PM
1) Info: all new and old examples you can find in updated ZIP and rar folder in my Post #17

I couldnt changed the Text anymore in that Post #17 dont know why?

2) If you Like you can have a Look at
GitHub Frankolinox/HalProment-Basic for Download Access and Updates for next weeks and months