Recent posts

Code to share / Re: Example Intro and HalProm...
Last post by Zlatko Vid - Yesterday at 09:23:20 PM
Frank
Don't wast time on copyrights ..and better answer on my question
if is not a problem ..in copyright maybe

QuoteI am asking about source code which HalPro use
because is based on BInd32 as far as i remember
so is it open surce or not ?
Last post by Charles Pegge - Yesterday at 07:19:24 PM
I don't think the name 'Hal' falls within the scope of Copyright law, or even Trade-Mark law, since it is a common name, and not associated with any brand of computer technology. In any case, it is 'HalPromide' which is a unique name for a computer product.

Here are some names which might be problematic :)

ArmBasic
IBMBasic
YamahaBasic
TeslaBasic (might be ok, thanks to Nicola Tesla)
PorscheBasic
CocaColaBasic
Last post by Frank Brübach - Yesterday at 06:31:42 PM
OK I See noticed this link for Infos

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2001_A_Space_Odyssey_(1968)_-_Trailer.webm#:~:text=This%20work%20is%20in%20the,inclusive%2C%20without%20a%20copyright%20notice.

Perhaps I must contact directly turner or Christiane Kubrick :)

Many thanks Theo and Jose for Infos and Feedback.. but I have Not in my mind to Change the Name of my Basic Compiler until or Else a Person or company will get harm.. in musician Branche there are a Lot of Songs and Bands with equal names

Thx, Frank
Last post by José Roca - Yesterday at 05:58:48 PM
QuoteThis work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published in the United States between 1929 and 1977, inclusive, without a copyright notice.

I have found the source:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2001_A_Space_Odyssey_(1968)_-_Trailer.webm

It is not the movie that is in the public domain, but a trailer of 3 minutes, 32 seconds.
Last post by José Roca - Yesterday at 05:27:51 PM
Besides, Turner Entertainment Company, which purchased Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc. in 1986, renevewd the copyright in 1996.

2001: a space odyssey. By Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc.
Type of Work:   Motion Picture
Registration Number / Date: RE0000731536 / 1996-08-20
Renewal registration for: LP0000036136 / 1968-04-03
Title:   2001: a space odyssey. By Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc.
Copyright Claimant: Turner Entertainment Company (PWH)

https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=22&ti=1,22&Search%5FArg=2001%3A%20a%20space%20odyssey&Search%5FCode=TALL&CNT=25&PID=NsABRvjaJGlFSV90El_gfoBzX44F&SEQ=20240517112215&SID=2
Last post by José Roca - Yesterday at 05:16:34 PM
QuoteThis work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published in the United States between 1929 and 1977, inclusive, without a copyright notice.

If someone has posted that on the internet, it must be true, right? :)
(source needed)

This movie was copyrighted in the US by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc. in April, 3, 1968 (copyright number LP36136) and, of course, is not in the public domain.

"In the United States, motion pictures published before 1978 are copyrighted for 95 years. All motion pictures made and exhibited before 1929 are indisputably in the public domain in the United States. This date will move forward one year, every year, meaning that films released in 1929 will enter the public domain on New Year's Day 2025, films from 1930 on New Year's Day 2026, and so on."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain_film#:~:text=All%20motion%20pictures%20made%20and,Day%202026%2C%20and%20so%20on.
Last post by Theo Gottwald - Yesterday at 02:48:51 PM
@Frank Brübach
As a general hint: "American Culture" is never free, is generally only for commercial use. Thats the difference to for example german, or european culture.
In USA there is no "free lunch".
Therefore keeping away from american stars, idiots, logos, brands and generally anything from USA that is promoted, helps to save costs.
Last post by Zlatko Vid - May 16, 2024, 08:11:32 AM
Hi Frank
I am asking about source code which HalPro use
because is based on BInd32 as far as i remember
so is it open surce or not ?
Last post by Frank Brübach - May 15, 2024, 08:59:00 PM
PS Look at this :)

Movie: A space odyssee by Stanley Kubrick (1968)

Licensing

This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published in the United States between 1929 and 1977, inclusive, without a copyright notice. For further explanation, see Commons:Hirtle chart as well as a detailed definition of "publication" for public art. Note that it may still be copyrighted in jurisdictions that do not apply the rule of the shorter term for US works (depending on the date of the author's death), such as Canada (50 p.m.a.), Mainland China (50 p.m.a., not Hong Kong or Macao), Germany (70 p.m.a.), Mexico (100 p.m.a.), Switzerland (70 p.m.a.), and other countries with individual treaties.
Last post by Frank Brübach - May 15, 2024, 08:24:22 PM
Thanks for Info yes you are right I will Change it.. I am on Holiday for some days, frank