o2_050P6

Started by Zlatko Vid, September 11, 2022, 03:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zlatko Vid

Charles

May i ask you why you holding some unused stuff in o2
maybe i am annoying but Scintilla folder is still with old ASciEdit
why you not add latest AurelEdit06 in ?
there are also some other things no-one use...
  •  

Charles Pegge

Hi Aurel,

Do you have a permanent link for AurelEdit, where interested users could get your latest versions?

In the long term, I plan to drop Scintilla as an IDE-core and use RichEdit instead, because it works with Unicode. Perhaps you might be interested in doing the same? In any event I can retain the Scintilla folder in projectsC, available on GitHub but not part of the main package.

I also have a tool which is far more powerful than the current Oxide. It's the FindEd utility, which enables coders to track keywords over hundreds of files simultaneously. It is bare-bones at present but it has totally transformed my coding experience managing o2.

Charles Pegge

I include finded on the OxygenBasic main folder, both in script form and as a 64bit exe. It may benefit from some beauty-treatment :)

Theo Gottwald

Using Richedit instead of Scintilla. Please test it first.
In my tests, Richedit has disadvantages for larger files.
Trying to load large files of several Megabytes and coloring them may take several minutes then or be impossible depending on the size.

Charles Pegge

Looks promising.

Line numbers work very smoothly except when scrolling horizontally, or using HOME / END. I think the long-term solution may be to draw line numbers directly onto the parent window instead of the edit-box left-margin.

colorizing could be restricted to the part which is currently visible in the edit window.

Charles Pegge

I'm test-driving a 'Peroxide' version based on Finded. It has a color button for optional colorizing for a whole file. It does not matter if it is a bit slow. Different colorizing schemes could be added: for instance, global-variables and functions.

Charles Pegge

Hi Aurel,

Yes, it looks a bit strange, but works very well for me, even without line numbers and coloring. I can manage unlimited files, connected by keyword association. It works comfortably even with a very small footprint.