Re: o2_050P6

Started by Zlatko Vid, September 11, 2022, 07:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zlatko Vid

QuoteHi Aurel,

Do you have a permanent link for AurelEdit, where interested users could get your latest versions?

In the long term, I plan to drop Scintilla as an IDE-core and use RichEdit instead, because it works with Unicode. Perhaps you might be interested in doing the same? In any event I can retain the Scintilla folder in projectsC, available on GitHub but not part of the main package.

I also have a tool which is far more powerful than the current Oxide. It's the FindEd utility, which enables coders to track keywords over hundreds of files simultaneously. It is bare-bones at present but it has totally transformed my coding experience managing o2.

Hi Charles
permanent liink is on sourceForge OxygenBasic site under Discussion board:
https://sourceforge.net/p/oxygenbasic/discussion/1224583/thread/5acd9a239e/

is that mean if you drop scintilla that you will remove Scintilla folder from o2 package?

RichEdit ..are you sure , richedit have lot of limitations,syntax coloring,flickering..etc and is slow
and develop such a editor from ground would be frustrating.
I really don't know for any good richedit control based editor written in any indie compiler
(only strange MASMbasic written by jj2007 written in MASM..far away from anything solid).

well ..i don't know for FindEd ..and what is that ?
  •  

Zlatko Vid

I am not sure
when i started to work on micro(A) interpreter i was looking
into something like that but i give up and use Scintilla
  •  

Zlatko Vid

or create something like this in MASM
https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1030858/An-Idea-How-to-Use-RichEdit-W-for-Syntax-Highlight

well i tried this long time ago and i can say that is maybe 1/4 good as Scintilla
  •  

Zlatko Vid

Peroxide...  ;D
what a name...

ok but looking kind a strange ..he
..the slow..nes is a most problematic thing and swiching tabs
between opend files , Scintilla is there ultra fast

Creative basic code editor is written using VC++ 5.0 with MFC version of RichEdit
and work very fast...but we will see ..
  •