Do we make a creative Rest?

Started by Theo Gottwald, August 10, 2023, 08:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theo Gottwald

How is the ongoing development?
If there is a creative Rest, maybe i can make another Setup with the current situation?

2023-08-10 08_51_22-loading... und 19 weitere Seiten - Persönlich – Microsoft​ Edge.jpg

Charles Pegge

Hi Theo,

Sure, the last update was just over 2 weeks ago, and no further development since then.

Theo Gottwald

Ok, its updated to the state of today.
How are you doing, Charles, all fine?

Charles Pegge

Doing well thanks, Theo. I have a quite a few ideas for O2 apps, but which would be the best choice? I think it's going to be themed around geodesic structure design, as part of a larger project which gives me physical exercise and something demonstrable :)

Pierre Bellisle

Hey Charles!
Thank for this last 0ne...
  •  

Zlatko Vid

I still doing some mumbo-jumbo with my interpreter  ;D
  •  

Theo Gottwald

Quote from: Charles Pegge on August 11, 2023, 05:15:20 PMDoing well thanks, Theo. I have a quite a few ideas for O2 apps, but which would be the best choice? I think it's going to be themed around geodesic structure design, as part of a larger project which gives me physical exercise and something demonstrable :)

Whats needed most is comfortable Editor for writing and debugging code.
As its not 100% compatible with Powerbasic it needs an own editor,
and this would help to streamline the process of code-design.

If you can make a really fast and comfortable Editor using O2, this would be a proof it can be used for something. Best with a Firefly like Visual Designer.
Maybe there could be a Powerbasic Compatibility Mode where people could compile Powerbasic stuff with O2?
This could lead to many PB Users use if for the Codebase they have.
Maybe it could be done in the Editor?

PS: You make nice Domes, some movement in the garden is highly recommended for most time programmers.

Zlatko Vid

If you can make a really fast and comfortable Editor using O2, this would be a proof it can be used for something
Well as you know i am using my own AurelEdit which is good and comfortable for me.
Maybe is little bit primitive but i don't paid to much attention on that .
It is open source and written completely in o2 + scintilla.
I used few times Powerbasic editor which i found strange to me.
But that is just me   :D   
  •  

Theo Gottwald

Yes, work on improving it, as you know i have included it into the distribution.
We need an official Editor that has all common features, like code completion,
and if possible GPT-4 integration, so that GPT-5 can complete the code that you have started to write.
Btw. i have heared GTP-5 will be coming Dez. / January, means the it may know any programming language.
Means you integrate GPT-4 now and get GPT-5 automatically next year.
Meanwhile 80% of the code i make, is templated by AI and i do only corrections.
Even the corrections are mostly done by the AI.